What's this Blog About?

Politics in Wisconsin as they roll up to every level... and some other thoughts that may cross my mind are explored here from my lefty point of view. My values shape my opinions. You'll always find them in here. Let's have some fun exploring why Liberal values are American values!

Your comments are both welcome and encouraged!
(The watercolor is called Magnolia Tree for Momma, by Audrey Crawford)

Monday, November 01, 2010

Special Rules for Students Voting in Wisconsin!

Please read the following if you are a student and want to cast a ballot tomorrow in Wisconsin!  YOU CAN REGISTER AT THE POLLS!!!

(Well, anyone can, who meets the criteria to register in Wisconsin)

See the info below on voting in Wisconsin as a student, or if you have ANY questions, click on this link!


Can I vote in Wisconsin?
  • You can vote in the November 2, 2010 election if you’re registered to vote.
  • You can register if you meet all of the following qualifications:
          • (1) you’re a U.S. citizen; (2) you will have been a Wisconsin resident for at least ten days on Election Day; (3) you’ll be at least 18 years old on Election Day; (4) you’re not currently incarcerated or on probation, parole or extended supervision for a felony conviction; and (5) you haven’t been declared by a court to be mentally incompetent.
    What if I’m a student?
  • You can register to vote at whatever address you regard as your primary legal residence. This can be either your school address or your home address.
How do I prove my residence (where I live) so I can register to vote?
•       Acceptable forms of proof of residence include:
            (1) a current and valid Wisconsin driver’s license or Wisconsin state ID card; (2)  Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit; (3) an employee ID card with your photo on it (but not a business card); (4) a 2009 or 2010 real estate tax bill or receipt; (5) a current residential lease (except that first-time-voters who registered by mail can’t use a lease as proof of residence); (6) a university, college, or technical institute fee card or ID card with your photo on it; (7) a utility bill (such as gas, electric, phone, cable TV) from the last 90 days; (8) a bank statement; (9) a paycheck or government check; or (10) some other government document. W.S.A. §§ 6.29, 6.34
•       A student who lives in college, university or technical college housing may prove residence with a student ID card that does not have their address, as long as before the election the school gives the clerk a certified and current list of students who reside in that housing, and the student is on the list. W.S.A. § 6.34(3)(a)7

No comments: